Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Problem with seat

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  firstone 
#1 ·
I have read the manual several times and I am sure this is a very easy fix. When I park the car, and return and open the door, the seat moves forward and up making it difficult to get in the car, start it, and press the memory button to get the drivers seat in the correct position. i have had the car around 3 months and have had problems with the sear controls since I purchased it. I need to buy the housing for the controls that connect to the seat and replace it, as well as re stain the seat. Other then that, really enjoying the car.
Now for the next step, what can be done to the base model to improve performance...new exhaust, new air cleaner, computer module. Can someone give me a basic makeover from stock to full list of dependable upgrades. I have a 2005 with 11k miles, and I live in South Florida if anyone would like to reccomend someone to do the work.
thank you.

#2 ·
Sounds like your key FOB is programed for the seat position that it goes to when you open the door. Does this happen BEFORE you actually get into the car, or after you start the engine?
The correct operation of the memory seat is to go to the position programed into the key FOB AFTER you start the engine. If this is when the seat moves, then your key FOB is programed to that position. A quick and simple fix is to use the other key FOB that must be programed to your memory seat position. To correct the function of of the key FOB you are using, change the memory setting on the other (2?) memory position, as that must tie to the key FOB you are using. (You should have 2 key FOBs with your car - numbered 1 and 2 on the back of the FOB. These numbers relate to the 2 memory positions for the seat.)

If indeed you seat moves BEFORE you start the engine, then there is something else going on with your car as I do not believe that you can program the seat to move when the door is opened (someone else may know if this is possible). Some newer Cadillacs DO work this way, but not the XLR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.