FM quality is poor - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR General Discussion

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
jbird

FM quality is poor

Hi Everyone,
I've been a member for a while, but this is my first post.

I have a 2006 and love it except for the quality of the sound from the receiver (FM, primarily). Lots of static in all but the strongest stations. CD quality is good and I don't use the XM. Does/has anyone else had this issue? What did you do about it?

I'm trying to determine if its there is something wrong with the receiver or the antenna.
jbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
XLR I FL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2006 and love it except for the quality of the sound from the receiver (FM, primarily). Lots of static in all but the strongest stations. CD quality is good and I don't use the XM. Does/has anyone else had this issue? What did you do about it?

I'm trying to determine if its there is something wrong with the receiver or the antenna.
Welcome!!

The Radio Topic in the Technical Section has lots of similar posts.

I think the radio can be dialed in better by the dealer or a radio shop and/or there was a improved antenna replacement that some had installed by the dealer.
XLR I FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Onalaska
XLR Pit Crew

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Try switching to AM and then back to FM and see if the signal improves.
Onalaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
Alarmu12
XLR Pit Crew

Give up. They had mine for several days trying to fix the problem. They put in a new receiver and aerial and it is still the same. It works good most of the time, but when I get into a weak area I switch to a CD for awhile. They can install that ugly aerial on your trunk, but I do not know if it works. I would rather have the problem, than the aerial.
Alarmu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
monepit
XLR Pit Crew

I'm sorry to hear that. Mine works great. In fact, the radio sounds almost as good as the cd. Not quite though. I do live in a populated area but I go to the lake on the weekend and I hold a good signal for about 30 miles from town.
monepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
lucy

I had the same problem and someone told me to switch from AM to FM. I was skeptical but didn't have anything to lose. It works! Every time. My radio sounds Great!!
lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
jmoody66
XLR Pit Crew

Antenna

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

GM put a new antenna or antenna module in mine and that fixed it but the quality still sucks minus static.
05 Silver updated to 09 V front end with black stripe on hood, 20" wheels, silver tint. Coming soon: 3:42 diff, A6 with 4200 stall, tune, muffler mod, cat delete and air filters.
jmoody66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Windrestrictor
Supporting Vendor

I find stock audio equipment rarely delivers . Just my opinion.
Windrestrictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:37 AM   #9
FasterThanYou

As you have XLR Cadillac 2006 and in love with this car else sound. I think there is no reason to say I love this car except the sounds because you can replace the antenna to high frequency catching antenna which will reduce the distortion in the sound and make it clear. The radio dealers are doing good job for this regard. Here is the image of digital audio antenna which will be helpful for you to understand.
FasterThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement