Kenwood DNX-9960 - Page 2 - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR Technical Discussion > Radio/CD/NAV/OnStar (Including XM, Sirius and iPod)

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
Kriston

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterchapman View Post
Kriston - great thread and pictures - thanks.

And also thanks for one of the greatest lines I have ever read on a Forum! ROFLMAO!
You're very welcome. Always happy to brighten someone's day.
Kriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #17
Phrede

Can you give anymore details on the connections from the OnStar to the amp for mute and line level audio? Connector and pin numbers or wire color?

I am trying to interface my Parrot CK3100 into the amp. I don't care about OnStar.

I would sure like to find the electrical schematics for the audio system.

Thanks
Phrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #18
Kriston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrede View Post
Can you give anymore details on the connections from the OnStar to the amp for mute and line level audio? Connector and pin numbers or wire color?

I am trying to interface my Parrot CK3100 into the amp. I don't care about OnStar.

I would sure like to find the electrical schematics for the audio system.

Thanks
I will look for my documents. It has been about a year, so I don't remember the color or pin right now.

I bought a service manual onling for a pretty good price (under $15 of I recall), but it required Windows to run. I use Linux and tend to spit on windows, so it was a pain to install. I printed out the diagrams for the amp and it was pretty obvious when I found the correct year.

I gave a copy of it all to the tech at Mobile Sound Systems in Arlington, Tx if you are in the DFW area. He should have it documented since they are hoping to get more XLR work there.

I have a business trip next week, but I'll see what I can find when I get back.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #19
Phrede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
I will look for my documents. It has been about a year, so I don't remember the color or pin right now.

I bought a service manual onling for a pretty good price (under $15 of I recall), but it required Windows to run. I use Linux and tend to spit on windows, so it was a pain to install. I printed out the diagrams for the amp and it was pretty obvious when I found the correct year.

I gave a copy of it all to the tech at Mobile Sound Systems in Arlington, Tx if you are in the DFW area. He should have it documented since they are hoping to get more XLR work there.

I have a business trip next week, but I'll see what I can find when I get back.
I appreciate whatever you can do. If I could find a service manual, in any format, at a reasonable price I would jump on it just for the diagrams.
Phrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #20
XLR I FL
Administrator

Quote:
I appreciate whatever you can do. If I could find a service manual, in any format, at a reasonable price I would jump on it just for the diagrams.

Have you gone online?

That's where I found my Pioneer manual and schematics and software updates.

I hope it works for you.

Regards

Jerry
XLR I FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
monepit
XLR Pit Crew

I'm sorry but I have to ask. What was the cost?
monepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #22
Kriston

Quote:
OK, I have a little more information.
First, I found my DVD with the manual. It is by Skinnyarch Software, and was a bit of a pain to install and use, but seems to be pretty complete for what I used.
Second, I found a DVD manual on ebay that may or may not be the same as what I have. I have send an e-mail request for more info to see if it is different. He has them (10 as of this post) for $18.99, so the cost is not much even if it is not very good.
If it is not a no no Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...sQ5fLiterature

I will install my manual as soon as I get some time to follow through. We are rolling out a new computer product in the next few weeks, so I have been up late writing documents the past few days. Almost there!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #23
Kriston

Phrede,

Sorry about not getting back sooner, but I have been on much travel over the past few weeks. We are producing a new small computer and we are right at the ramp up, so I have to go to assemblers and work out logistics of such a large production.

Did you find a manual yet? I will not be home long enough to extract the manuals for a few more days (weeks?), so if you have not found one please let me know and I'll see if it is possible to copy the one I have.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #24
ma_bishop

Kriston, what dash kit did they use for the installation?
ma_bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #25
Kriston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_bishop View Post
Kriston, what dash kit did they use for the installation?
Wow, it's been a long time since I have been able to get in here!

I apologize for the long delay.

The dash kit he used was a standard that he had he did not tell me which one it was, but the radio that comes in the XLR is the same one that was used for a while in the Corvette.

It was just two pieces less than an inch wide on each side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement