new owner, new member - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR General Discussion

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
CanadianViking

new owner, new member

Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself as a new XLR owner and a new member here. I picked up a 2004 XLR on December 24th - my first Cadillac but not my first roadster as I previously owned a AMG SL500. Currently in my garage I have a Honda Element, Subaru Forester and three motorcycles (BMW K1300R, Harley RoadKing, KTM 640 Adventure). My intent is to use this as my daily driver during spring, summer and fall.

The car looks to be in great condition with only 63,000km on it, but I will know more once I get it into a local Cadillac dealer for a full inspection & service. I'm interviewing both local Cadillac dealers tomorrow to decide which one I want to use going forward. I picked the car up at such a great price (nobody is buying roadsters in the middle of winter in Alberta!) that I won't mind if I need to put some money back into it.

I saw a mostly complete set of maintenance records so there shouldn't be too many surprises, but I do see that the headlamps need to be replaced so that's a couple grand right there. I want to make some esthetic changes to it and upgrade the brakes, wheels and tires.

I'm likely going to initially post at both XLR forums until I get a feel for both and decide on which feels best.

Cheers,

CanadianViking
CanadianViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
XLR I FL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianViking View Post
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself as a new XLR owner and a new member here. I picked up a 2004 XLR on December 24th - my first Cadillac but not my first roadster as I previously owned a AMG SL500. Currently in my garage I have a Honda Element, Subaru Forester and three motorcycles (BMW K1300R, Harley RoadKing, KTM 640 Adventure). My intent is to use this as my daily driver during spring, summer and fall.

The car looks to be in great condition with only 63,000km on it, but I will know more once I get it into a local Cadillac dealer for a full inspection & service. I'm interviewing both local Cadillac dealers tomorrow to decide which one I want to use going forward. I picked the car up at such a great price (nobody is buying roadsters in the middle of winter in Alberta!) that I won't mind if I need to put some money back into it.

I saw a mostly complete set of maintenance records so there shouldn't be too many surprises, but I do see that the headlamps need to be replaced so that's a couple grand right there. I want to make some esthetic changes to it and upgrade the brakes, wheels and tires.

I'm likely going to initially post at both XLR forums until I get a feel for both and decide on which feels best.

Cheers,

CanadianViking
FWIW: We have many, many members who go back and forth between both sites on a regular basis.

Enjoy the car and the friendships you will make.

BEST WISHES

Jerry
XLR I FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
JustInCase

Good to have you as a new XLR owner, and good to have you on board. I'd encourage you to post and be active in both forums - it isn't an either/or choice. Given that you have a month with your XLR now, what are you initial impressions?
JustInCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement