Welcome New Members !!!!! - Page 14 - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > New Member Posting Area

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #196
XLR I FL
Administrator

Randy:

My Boss's (wife's) ride is a BLACK CTS 4WD. So yea we seem to be in the same groove.

Have a look around the site it's good to be fortunate enough to have many new members. We need "fresh sets of eyes" to be sure we are providing what you want and need.

Regards

Jerry
XLR I FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #197
randingo8

Hi Jerry,

Iíve been looking around the site learning about the XLR's. I'll start posting questions in the near future. In the mean time here are a couple of pics of the one that got away. My 1992 Chevy Caprice that I sold a few years back. I wish I still had it, it was a great car. This is the one that started the pattern, Black with five spoke chrome wheels and lowered. It was very sleek and stylish for a Chevy and it got 28 miles to the gallon to boot.

See Ya!
Randy
randingo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #198
XLR I FL
Administrator

Looks good!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #199
DTXLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR I FL View Post
Welcome to the XLR Forum!!!

We hope you have very enjoyable and educational experiences during your visits to the XLR Forum Site.

Once you have read the XLR Forum Guiding Principles and Guidlines, you will be be approved to post your experieces and comments in any of the applicable sections.

If you experience any difficulty or have comments that you would like to pass on that will improve the forum, please contact one of the moderators below via Private Mail:

XLR I FL aka Jerry

Thanks again and Welcome Aboard!!!
I just retired from the PD after 31 years ending my years there as chief pilot. I'm really into cars and motorcycles and just about anything that moves.
Just purchased a 04 XLR after looking at the benz SL and Lexus 430. I love the car but there seems to be gremlins inside. I had trouble with the CD skipping but now that has stopped. Now my trunk will open but will not close. When I push the trunk close button I can hear the switch click with a short motor noise when I push it but the trunk won't close.
I have to close it by using the up down switch for the top to close it.
Then it will work fine other times.
Any suggestions?
DTXLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #200
mrjuice

New to the forum ,and to my XLR 06 with 30k ,looken forward to drivin and askin about the XLR . in Alberta Canada
mrjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:52 AM   #201
DMT20601

New guy looking into XLR.

Moment one on this forum. Former Allante (1993 of course) owner. Just cannot get 2 door Cadillac out of the blood. Now researching XLR. V series is a surprise. As with the Allante there seems to be a lot of fiddly stuff with the XLR. Anything I should really look out for when time to purchase, other than the normal used car dealer cat and mouse. Did the XLR come with a warranty?

Thanks

DMT in Maryland (always a Hoosier).

Not sure where this post will land.
DMT20601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #202
XLR I FL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMT20601 View Post
Moment one on this forum. Former Allante (1993 of course) owner. Just cannot get 2 door Cadillac out of the blood. Now researching XLR. V series is a surprise. As with the Allante there seems to be a lot of fiddly stuff with the XLR. Anything I should really look out for when time to purchase, other than the normal used car dealer cat and mouse. Did the XLR come with a warranty?

Thanks

DMT in Maryland (always a Hoosier).

Not sure where this post will land.
Welcome!!

When looking for a used low mileage XLR OR XLR-V, be sure it's a 2006 or later with preferably a GMPP Warranty.

If it is a 2008 or 2009, you need to be sure that the original factory warranty has 2 or more months remaining so you can purchase a GMPP Warranty right away.

The GMPP is the only known extended warranty that covers everything on the car including the top and all of it's hydrolics and electrical components.

Regards

Jerry
Old 07-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #203
Johnxlrv

Per rules...posting here first...site nice, but lacks some iPad options for photo upload...but will attempt to upload some xlr v photos.

Had this car for about a month...2006=off warranty=do the work myself!

Thankfully, nothing is wrong...but realize fellow XLR owners is my best bet for info relating to any issues...
Johnxlrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #204
pisces320

Hi all!

Just purchased an 04' with 32k miles a few months ago! Luxo Blue and gets thumbs all day long! Great site with plenty of info!
pisces320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #205
The Manta

Greetings. Purchased my '07 XLR back in July. Looked at them for many years before making the commitment. Looks like I am lucky enough to have an XLR guru 30 minutes down the highway from me. Looks like a great place to get tons of useful info.
The Manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:28 AM   #206
Deodanth01

New Member!

Hey guys, just signed up, I own a 2006 black XLR and given how complex and expensive this car is, I'm thrilled to have found the online communities!

-Rick
Deodanth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #207
Will6323

Hello, my name is Will. I have a 2004 XLR and I live in Dallas, TX. My baby is Thunder Gray with slate interior. I have the 18 inch premium XLR wheels and a wind restrictor windscreen. I have tinted windows, smoked tail lights and 3rd brake light and had all of the emblems painted pewter. It looks real good against the gray. Mechanically, it is all stock and I have all my service done at Sewell Cadillac by Certified Technicians. I really want to add a custom exhaust to improve the sound. What do you recommend, Corsa or Magnaflow? Thanks.

Will
Will6323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #208
XLR I FL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manta View Post
Greetings. Purchased my '07 XLR back in July. Looked at them for many years before making the commitment. Looks like I am lucky enough to have an XLR guru 30 minutes down the highway from me. Looks like a great place to get tons of useful info.
Welcome!!

There's lots of information here that has been contributed by the members since 2003 so you should have answers for anything you experience.

Rgards

Jerry
Old 11-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #209
XLR I FL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deodanth01 View Post
Hey guys, just signed up, I own a 2006 black XLR and given how complex and expensive this car is, I'm thrilled to have found the online communities!

-Rick
We welcome you and your input.

Regards

Jerry
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #210
XLR I FL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will6323 View Post
Hello, my name is Will. I have a 2004 XLR and I live in Dallas, TX. My baby is Thunder Gray with slate interior. I have the 18 inch premium XLR wheels and a wind restrictor windscreen. I have tinted windows, smoked tail lights and 3rd brake light and had all of the emblems painted pewter. It looks real good against the gray. Mechanically, it is all stock and I have all my service done at Sewell Cadillac by Certified Technicians. I really want to add a custom exhaust to improve the sound. What do you recommend, Corsa or Magnaflow? Thanks.

Will
Welcome!!

You certainly have done a lot of personalization on your ride.

I would recommend the Corsa exhaust. There are some deals that can be had on the internet.

Regards

Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement