Temp Sensor?? - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR Technical Discussion > Radiator and Cooling

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Hogwash

Temp Sensor??

Hi all,

I have an '05 with 70k miles. Sometimes when it is cold out (40F or less usually) I've noticed my temperature gauge will suddenly drop down to zero, the check engine light comes on, and the radiator fans start running at all times. If i turn off the car and turn it back on it again, the temperature gauge comes back up as normally, and after 100 miles or so the check engine light turns off. This phenomenon happens quite often. Any ideas of what it could be? I'm guessing a bad sensor of some type... Thanks!
Hogwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
XLR I FL
Administrator

Since you are headed to the dealer for the top I would have them check the codes for this issue too.

It doesn't take long and should be under $100 to find out what is really going on with all of the issues your XLR has and what it will cost you to fix.
XLR I FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
march

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
Hi all,

I have an '05 with 70k miles. Sometimes when it is cold out (40F or less usually) I've noticed my temperature gauge will suddenly drop down to zero, the check engine light comes on, and the radiator fans start running at all times. If i turn off the car and turn it back on it again, the temperature gauge comes back up as normally, and after 100 miles or so the check engine light turns off. This phenomenon happens quite often. Any ideas of what it could be? I'm guessing a bad sensor of some type... Thanks!
Did you find out what the temp. problem was? I have the same issue and the code is low coolant temp.
march is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement