Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Power top

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Robert Yania 
#1 ·
Hi ALL
I don't get a chance to get on here much,move around alot, Chicago, to S.C. & Tampa. Just wanted to let everyone know you can put your top down & keep it there as long as you like without fear of something going wrong. There are two presure values, one on each side & after 4 min. the presure is gone no matter if its up or down.

Also, you can get a extention from GMPP on your warrent as long as you have low mileage & you are in one month of expiration, from any gm dealer.

ERICKSON BMW will also do the same for longer on whole car, depending on cars condition, more $$$ & insp.

AND NEVER NEVER USE MILLER CAD. NOW BAKER CAD OF CHARLESTON, SC
SAME CREW FROM MILLER.

#2 ·
dws
Watch out for that extension on the gmpp. I tried to do that with my car and my local Cadillac dealer told me I could. I was a little skeptical so I read the info on this sight to verify. I believe they put me in touch with Black Cadillac that would discount the gmpp's. There is a gentleman that deals with the gmpp. He explained to me how the gmpp worked and told me he could not sell me one. He also explained to me the dealer would sell me one hoping nothing major would go wrong. If in fact I had a major failure they would refund what I paid for the extension and tell me they made a mistake. All I am saying is be careful with this extension from GM. Most dealers are on the up and up but I was told some work to your disadvantage.
V Happy

#3 ·
Gmpp ext. Warrenty

I would be sure to go to a large older cad. dealer one thats been in buss. for a l o n g time, there should be no difference from the orig. ext. warrenty.
You are buying the same gmpp ext. warrenty that you may have had. Be sure to talk to someone in finance, don't ask a salesman. I have 3 mo. before I need to ext. mine, 20,000 on my 06.

Also wanted to say sorry , I made a mistake on that bmw dealer not ERICKSON RICK HENDRICK BMW OF CHARLESTON S C

#4 ·
GMPP has a model change in September

Black Cadillac has sold me a number of GMPP over the years (for a number of cars) and they have always been honest about the rules. One of my warranties was ending March 2013, but the car model year was being DROPPED in September 2012. I had to purchase the GMPP in September 2012 and they sent me a refund for the unused portion of the old warranty up to March 2013. I have found that none of my GMPP purchases lined up with the September model deadline and I have always had to 'purchase another early' then be reimbersed the unused portion. SEPTEMBER !

#5 ·
DWS
Let me tell you that my xlr v was a 2006 with a little over 23,000 when I went to one of the oldest Cadillac dealers in our area. (over 40 years I know of) That is where I got the ok we can sell you a gmpp. I then talked to Black and they told me if they could they would but it was impossible. The guy was strait up and gave me gmpp's # and told me exactly how to present my car and gmpp told me know way. Try Black and if you can get one they will treat you right and the proof is in many artilcles written in this Forum.
V Happy:seeya

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.