Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Welcome New Members !!!!!

309K views 240 replies 125 participants last post by  steddydawg 
#1 ·
Welcome to the XLR Forum!!!

We hope you have very enjoyable and educational experiences during your visits to the XLR Forum Site.

Once you have read the XLR Forum Guiding Principles and Guidlines, you will be be approved to post your experieces and comments in any of the applicable sections.

If you experience any difficulty or have comments that you would like to pass on that will improve the forum, please contact one of the moderators below via Private Mail:

XLR I FL aka Jerry

Thanks again and Welcome Aboard!!!

#191 ·
05 misfires

We have an 05 with 36k miles. When cold the engine misfires from what feels like the left bank. The car sat for a year(estate) before the purchase 6 months ago. Have changed plugs and blew the injectors. Seems like we have used a gallon on fuel and injector cleaner(chevron). Problem persists. There are NO engine lights, and runs fine once up to temp. Any ideas?

#193 ·
New Guy from Fremont Calif.

Hi All, I’m thinking about buying an XLR. I'd like to find out as much as I can about them, so I can make an informed decision before I purchase. I have a Black SSR and I love the hardtop retractable top. I'm looking to add a Black XLR to my collection in the future.

See Ya!
Randy

#211 · (Edited)
Hi All, I’m thinking about buying an XLR. I'd like to find out as much as I can about them, so I can make an informed decision before I purchase. I have a Black SSR and I love the hardtop retractable top. I'm looking to add a Black XLR to my collection in the future.

See Ya!
Randy
Okay, I finally did it! Here are some pics of my new toy! I purchased it from the original owner. 66K miles, Magna Flow Exhaust, V-hood, 18" Chrome wheels, new tires, new grill, new headlights, perfect paint, always garaged, complete service history by Cadillac dealership, runs and drives perfect. I love it!

See Ya!
Randy

#195 ·
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, we seem to have the same taste in cars indeed. I'm a member of the SSR FANATICS and CHEVY HHR.NET also. My daily commuter car is a Black 08 HHR Panel. Are you starting to see a pattern? Black GM cars with chrome wheels.

See Ya!
Randy

#196 ·
Randy:

My Boss's (wife's) ride is a BLACK CTS 4WD. So yea we seem to be in the same groove.

Have a look around the site it's good to be fortunate enough to have many new members. We need "fresh sets of eyes" to be sure we are providing what you want and need.

Regards

Jerry

#197 ·
Hi Jerry,

I’ve been looking around the site learning about the XLR's. I'll start posting questions in the near future. In the mean time here are a couple of pics of the one that got away. My 1992 Chevy Caprice that I sold a few years back. I wish I still had it, it was a great car. This is the one that started the pattern, Black with five spoke chrome wheels and lowered. It was very sleek and stylish for a Chevy and it got 28 miles to the gallon to boot.

See Ya!
Randy

#199 ·
I just retired from the PD after 31 years ending my years there as chief pilot. I'm really into cars and motorcycles and just about anything that moves.
Just purchased a 04 XLR after looking at the benz SL and Lexus 430. I love the car but there seems to be gremlins inside. I had trouble with the CD skipping but now that has stopped. Now my trunk will open but will not close. When I push the trunk close button I can hear the switch click with a short motor noise when I push it but the trunk won't close.
I have to close it by using the up down switch for the top to close it.
Then it will work fine other times.
Any suggestions?

#201 ·
New guy looking into XLR.

Moment one on this forum. Former Allante (1993 of course) owner. Just cannot get 2 door Cadillac out of the blood. Now researching XLR. V series is a surprise. As with the Allante there seems to be a lot of fiddly stuff with the XLR. Anything I should really look out for when time to purchase, other than the normal used car dealer cat and mouse. Did the XLR come with a warranty?

Thanks

DMT in Maryland (always a Hoosier).

Not sure where this post will land.

#202 ·
Moment one on this forum. Former Allante (1993 of course) owner. Just cannot get 2 door Cadillac out of the blood. Now researching XLR. V series is a surprise. As with the Allante there seems to be a lot of fiddly stuff with the XLR. Anything I should really look out for when time to purchase, other than the normal used car dealer cat and mouse. Did the XLR come with a warranty?

Thanks

DMT in Maryland (always a Hoosier).

Not sure where this post will land.
Welcome!!

When looking for a used low mileage XLR OR XLR-V, be sure it's a 2006 or later with preferably a GMPP Warranty.

If it is a 2008 or 2009, you need to be sure that the original factory warranty has 2 or more months remaining so you can purchase a GMPP Warranty right away.

The GMPP is the only known extended warranty that covers everything on the car including the top and all of it's hydrolics and electrical components.

Regards

Jerry

#203 ·

Per rules...posting here first...site nice, but lacks some iPad options for photo upload...but will attempt to upload some xlr v photos.

Had this car for about a month...2006=off warranty=do the work myself!

Thankfully, nothing is wrong...but realize fellow XLR owners is my best bet for info relating to any issues...

#208 ·
Greetings. Purchased my '07 XLR back in July. Looked at them for many years before making the commitment. Looks like I am lucky enough to have an XLR guru 30 minutes down the highway from me. Looks like a great place to get tons of useful info.
Welcome!!

There's lots of information here that has been contributed by the members since 2003 so you should have answers for anything you experience.

Rgards

Jerry

#207 ·
Hello, my name is Will. I have a 2004 XLR and I live in Dallas, TX. My baby is Thunder Gray with slate interior. I have the 18 inch premium XLR wheels and a wind restrictor windscreen. I have tinted windows, smoked tail lights and 3rd brake light and had all of the emblems painted pewter. It looks real good against the gray. Mechanically, it is all stock and I have all my service done at Sewell Cadillac by Certified Technicians. I really want to add a custom exhaust to improve the sound. What do you recommend, Corsa or Magnaflow? Thanks.

Will

#216 ·
Welcome to the XLR Forum!!!

We hope you have very enjoyable and educational experiences during your visits to the XLR Forum Site.

Once you have read the XLR Forum Guiding Principles and Guidlines, you will be be approved to post your experieces and comments in any of the applicable sections.

If you experience any difficulty or have comments that you would like to pass on that will improve the forum, please contact one of the moderators below via Private Mail:

XLR I FL aka Jerry

Thanks again and Welcome Aboard!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Thank you kindly for the add!

#217 ·
Hello everyone, happy to be aboard. My wife has always wanted an xlr so we pulled the trigger on an 08. We're from montana so we are picking her up next week where we left her in Vegas. i guess we needed an excuse to go back, but also decent weather and roads to get back.

#218 ·
I’m a long-time XLR fan, but couldn’t afford one when they first came out. I ended up finding a brand new 2004 CTS discounted from $33k to $23k in March 2005 - manual transmission from the Chicagoland area where stop and go traffic causes folks to avoid manuals like the plague. Now that I retired early, the 401(k) is flush with funds, and I can use the relatively unknown IRS rule of 55 to access it, so I starting my dream car collection phase of my life. I started shopping around a month ago and hope to pick up an XLR, CTS-V wagon, G8, or Chevy SS within the year. And if all goes well maybe all of them…

#219 ·
I have had my XLR 6 years now and find it necesary to find a mechanic since dealers won’t take on repairing these cars anymore. I am past doing such work now. I would like to be able to keep the car but will need to be able to get help with knowledgable upkeep and repairs. Will consier joining after a trial period.