Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Advice on 2008 V needed

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ccclarke 
#1 ·
I am interested in joing your exclusive club by buying a 2008 XLR-V. I have not owned a Cadillac or a sports car before and am looking for your experience with this car. It has 41,000 miles and the second owner is selling it. I live in a different state and have only seen picutres. Before making the trip and the decision to buy, I need some advice.

1. Are there any persistent problems with this model that I should be concerned about?
2. With 41K miles, are there major maintenance items I should be aware of?
3. The warranty has expired, so should I buy an extended warranty?
4. Are there other questions I should be asking?

I would appreciate your comments on this. You can send comments off line or by psoting here. Looking forward to hearing from you.

#2 ·
The 2008 V was a good year/vintage.

1) How much is the seller asking?
2) Get the VIN and go down to your local Cadillac dealer. Have them run a Service History on the vehicle so you know what your'e getting into.
3) No major service required.
4) Good luck getting an extended warranty that covers the top and its electronics. If out of warranty, the GMPP is not available. Save your money. The model years after 2005 have been the most reliable anyway.
5) Read all the online posts you can to get educated!

CC :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.