Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Power rear view mirror

14K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  markrodino 
#1 ·
I read a brochure of the 2005 cadi xlr on the net and it said in the specs that this car has Power Folding Mirrors. I need to know how to fold them, or did they stop that in 2006?

#4 ·
sooo, ummm... whats the button for that looks like a picture of a mirror with a curved arrow then?
Looks like folding mirrors to me?
I just checked trader and none of the xlr's have the button...
Hmmm... Am I going crazy?

Check the pic...Had to go to the XLR to check to make sure I wasnt nuts.

#23 ·
This was for the export model. I installed this plaque with the extra button but have not gone to pick it up yet. My 2009 is with my mechanic in Rome and he too told me it just moves the mirrors down but does not fold in the mirrors - that can be done manually whereas I did the same excercise on my 2008 STS-V and in this case the mirrors fold in automatically. I will send a photo.

#13 ·
Could be a Canadian thing?
I'm from Canada and its a Canadian car so maybe thats it?
Having said that I searched the Canadian Autotrader and none of the cars there have it either?
Incidentally, its VIN# 00075 so maybe just on early production models and they deleted the option on later cars?

#21 ·
Power Folding Mirrors?

I can't tell you folks how much this thread made me laugh. My 06 XLR-V does not have this option and I thought I had everything. And who would really need this feature? Would love to see a passenger "Shut the Hell Up" button. Oh yeah, found it, it's the pedal on the right. LOL.

#22 ·
I can't tell you folks how much this thread made me laugh. My 06 XLR-V does not have this option and I thought I had everything. And who would really need this feature? Would love to see a passenger "Shut the Hell Up" button. Oh yeah, found it, it's the pedal on the right. LOL.

Welcome!!

To answer your question it seems that this feature was for European models.

It may prove to be useful where parking and street traffic are tight.

Also, if you use automatic car washes it would prevent damage.

Regards

Jerry

#24 ·
I live in Italy but drive a US-version 2009 XLR. I bought the export-model power folding mirrors and the export model driver door face plate that includes the toggle for the mirrors to fold. I am now in the process of having a mechanic rewire the car for it to work - he seems to be having trouble doing that - does anyone have the export schematic they can attach on this column?