Paddle Shift for XLR [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Paddle Shift for XLR

Sparky
08-07-2005, 10:38 AM
I understand the 2006 Corvette will have paddle shifting automatic transmission!
Anyone heard if the XLR/XLR-V will have it also?

harrysxlr
08-07-2005, 11:10 AM
I understand the 2006 Corvette will have paddle shifting automatic transmission!
Anyone heard if the XLR/XLR-V will have it also?

Hi sparky, out of gm-media Ive got the information that the XLR V get the brand new 6 speed automatic but no paddle shift.

Harry

Sparky
08-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Oh well, maybe the Corvette has the exclusive for a year.

Regards,

Brad

bumbleent
08-08-2005, 08:41 AM
I feel stupid asking this but , what is a paddle shift? :banghead

harrysxlr
08-08-2005, 09:12 AM
I feel stupid asking this but , what is a paddle shift? :banghead
Hi bumbleent,
it`s a paddle on the steering wheel which shifts UP by fingertip it forward, or shifts down by fingertip it backwards. Its the same as you got on your automatik shifter in manuel-mode (forword UP - backward downshifts).

Harry

aviator
08-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi sparky, out of gm-media Ive got the information that the XLR V get the brand new 6 speed automatic but no paddle shift.

Harry

Are you sure about that, Harry? I heard otherwise - but not a reliable source.

harrysxlr
08-09-2005, 04:21 AM
Are you sure about that, Harry? I heard otherwise - but not a reliable source.

Hi aviator, yes I`m sure but most models with paddle shift got two paddles on the steering wheel- left side UPSHIFT - right side DOWNSHIFTS.
What did you hear about this?

Two more days and Ill in the US, get me the Corsa for my XLR, it`s already on order.

Have a nice day
Harry

bumbleent
08-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Harry

Thanks. I guess it's similar to the volume paddles on my wife's Escalade.
I still wish I had a six speed manual.

harrysxlr
08-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Harry

Thanks. I guess it's similar to the volume paddles on my wife's Escalade.
I still wish I had a six speed manual.

That`s what my 02 C5 vert got in, I love it especially with my Corsa Indy exhaust on. The 5 speed auto fits the XLR pretty well, it`s a nice engine/transmission combination. Sept. I put the Corsa system on my XLR, it`s on production right now and will be in a week ready for shipping to Germany.

Thanks
Harry

mswaim
08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Here is a link to a photo of the 2006 C6 paddle shifter layout. It appears both levers are marked the same, so I would assume you can use either to upshift or downshift.

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/previewpage?025613