Shifting from P to R when cold [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Shifting from P to R when cold

kevcochem
01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
I was experiencing a definite and annoying hesitation on my 04 XLR when shifting from Park to Drive when the car was cold, similar to a manual transmission not having the clutch out for a moment...after repeated trips to the dealership and numerous calls to GM they finally came up with a tech bulletin that explains how to reprogram the transmission...I have a copy of the bulletin if anyone needs it.

rex32
01-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Please e-mail me the tech bulletin you mentioned re: shifting park to drive
Thanks, Rex32 rex32@prodigy.net

motorboat
01-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Better yet can you post it here? That way we will ALL have it when we need it...

Thanks
Blaise :thumbs

standby
01-16-2005, 12:05 PM
How cold was it?

alk3997
01-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I was experiencing a definite and annoying hesitation on my 04 XLR when shifting from Park to Drive when the car was cold, similar to a manual transmission not having the clutch out for a moment...after repeated trips to the dealership and numerous calls to GM they finally came up with a tech bulletin that explains how to reprogram the transmission...I have a copy of the bulletin if anyone needs it.

I looked for new service bulletins and didn't find any. Unfortunately it takes a while before the NTSB list is updated.

So, please post any information that you have. The bulletin number would be of great help as would a brief description.

Andy

sheri
01-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Is this the one you are referring to?