Fix for the hot console on XLR's for free [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Fix for the hot console on XLR's for free

standby
12-02-2004, 10:42 PM
:jester Free fix from CadillacI haven't heard anyone mention the heat from the console. Cadillac has a free fix if you want it done. One day and they take out the seats and console cover and put in a space age heat deflector which stops the heat from the exhaust.
Bob :lurk

Dadonator
12-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Do the seats/shifter glove box, and cup holder all work & fit the same afterward?

I'm nervous to mess with it--my XLR doesn't get SO hot in summer, and I like the fit and finish of the interior.

Although its just a little warm to the touch--not ideal for drinks, I usually find that I drink sodas down faster than the time it takes to warm them up in the console!

:cheers

--Bob

standby
12-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Bob.
Everything went back together like brand new. Of course it has a lot to do with who takes it apart and puts it back together.
I use a heat gun to check the sides of the console while coming down a mountain in a lower gear last summer and it was 125 to 130 degrees. I had cold air hitting me in the face and hot heat next to my leg.