Is it possible to disable ACC? [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Is it possible to disable ACC?

jellyhead
07-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Is there any way to disable the sensors for Adaptive Cruise Control without losing CC entirely. I hate the way the car slams the brakes and floors the gas when cut off or cornering. I also want to install a lower FULL mesh grille. I'd like to keep standard CC though.

XLR I FL
07-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Is there any way to disable the sensors for Adaptive Cruise Control without losing CC entirely. I hate the way the car slams the brakes and floors the gas when cut off or cornering. I also want to install a lower FULL mesh grille. I'd like to keep standard CC though.
A guess--if you block or disconnect the ACC sensor in the lower grill you will have a "V" CC.

ccclarke
07-17-2010, 08:05 PM
The DSCC is an integral component of the ACC on the base cars. Remove it or block it, and the ACC won't work. It doesn't default to standard cruise control when it fails. You would need to look at a V's cruise control schematic to determine how to proceed. It might be something as easy as placing a jumper on the BCM.

CC :seeya

arkansaswms
03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm interested in this too. I was wanting to reduce the gap. That to its extreme would just be the same as standard cruse control.

ccclarke
03-31-2011, 01:49 PM
It's possible. The XLR-V uses a standard GM cruise control. First you need a schematic of the V's system, and then the ability to re-wire yours accordingly, removing the DSCC sensor from the circuit. After that, place it on eBay and pay for the XLR-V shop manuals with money to spare.

CC :cheers

XLRPAT
04-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I'd like to know where you find the grille. I've only been able to locate the smaller bottom grille.
thanks
Dan

xlrlist01
04-08-2011, 12:58 PM
It's possible. The XLR-V uses a standard GM cruise control. First you need a schematic of the V's system, and then the ability to re-wire yours accordingly, removing the DSCC sensor from the circuit. After that, place it on eBay and pay for the XLR-V shop manuals with money to spare.

CC :cheers

Hi CC Is this really so simple? The ACC function is partly managed by the ECM, the DSCC radar unit is both a sensor and is responsible for sending throttle commands into the ECM and brake commands into the EBCM. If you took away the DSCC, how would you replicate the CC function? Is there a way to enable the CC algorithm in an ECM originally configured for ACC? Would the EBCM and ECM set fault codes about the absence of the DSCC?

I would like a four way switch: Off, Brake warning/function only, traditional CC and ACC. In busy traffic conditions, ACC seems to be a means for going backwards (in the traffic stream)!

I note the quote (in the w/s manual, section 11): "The ACC system only activates when the the ignition 1 input is active and in the run position". I had assumed that the CC switch (on the stalk) would also need to be in the on position, but it would seem not.

ccclarke
04-08-2011, 02:02 PM
The only way for me to determine if one could create a dual-use cruise control system would be to get a copy of the XLR-V's shop manual cruise control theory of operation and a schematic, and then compare it to the base XLR. If someone sends me a pdf of the info, I'll dig into it and report back.

And yes, if you remove the DSCC, you're going to throw codes when that subsystem is interrogated by the Tech 2. A bypass switch might solve that issue.

CC :seeya