Seat adjustments [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Seat adjustments

XLRcited
11-17-2004, 04:51 PM
My memory seats don't adjust when the car is unlocked. Even if I specifically press the open button on the remote, the seat does not adjust to the memorized position for either driver one or driver two. Am I missing something here? I would have thought that a car with so much smarts would automatically adjust the seat to the memorized position when it recognizes a key fob in the vicinity.

Maybe I am expecting too much -- or getting too lazy. :confused

1_XLR
11-17-2004, 05:14 PM
it adjusts when the car is started.
why would you want it to move before that??

Eyedoc
11-18-2004, 05:57 AM
Remember that there is memory setting for driving (activiated when you start) and a memory position for exit (when you open the door to leave). You have to set both. If you leave them the same, there would never be any change (except from one driver to another).

Its all in the manual. I don't recall the exact steps, but it was fairly simple to walk through.

XLRcited
11-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Even though (as my wife says) I do not have that crucial gene that requires me to explore maps or instruction manuals, I finally found in the manual that you can instruct the seat to recall on startup in the driver information console. I must have overlooked that. :o thanks for your help.