GPS disk [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: GPS disk

XLRcited
11-17-2004, 04:47 PM
Every so often I receive a system response "system is checking the disk" when I press the microphone key and ask the system to "go home". Even after trying several times I receive the same system response. Only by removing the GPS DVD and reinserting it can I get the system to acknowledge my command.

Has anybody else experienced this anomaly? :banghead

Eyedoc
11-18-2004, 05:55 AM
No, but it sounds like similar problems that any DVD's have. If can be a dirty/scratched/damaged disk, a dirty reader lens, or a bad reader.

Might try cleaning the disk or using one of the CD/DVD repair systems.

dharto
11-18-2004, 09:05 AM
I have had the exact same problem and I also have to remove and replace the disc.

XLRcited
11-22-2004, 05:39 PM
I have checked the surface of the DVD and have found no smudges or scratches, so I wonder if something else is occurring. This is extremely difficult to track down because it doesn't happen every time.

magnet
11-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Does this occur if you try to use the system right after pressing the Agree button? If so wait 30 seconds to a minute then press the Agree button to see if it stills occurs? This help with my system.

XLRcited
11-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Yes, that is when it happened most of the time. But after the first "system is checking the disk" I usually waited for at least a minute -- in one case maybe five minutes -- and I continued to receive the same reply. This was only fixed when I was stopped, put the car in park and removed the DVD and reinserted it.

Bill :banghead