GM Customer Assistance [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: GM Customer Assistance

migsgig
09-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Everyone,
I would encourage you to call GM Customer service department to document any reocurring issues you're having with your XLR. The more documented complaints they receive the faster they will react to fix some of the annoying issues, i.e. brake squeal, top malfunction, etc..... Their number is 800-458-8006 select "Customer Service " dept. I now have a file# established and my issues are officially logged! Hopefully they will allocate more resources to address these problems if they hear from the early XLR adopters!
migsgig

Eyedoc
09-20-2004, 06:57 AM
Yes, I called them too trying to figure out whether my XLR was included in the recall notice for the control arm/tie rod washers and nuts.

It is not.

Apparently (according to them), it is VIN specific (depending on where the washers were made, I guess.

They were helpful.

mlbpbg
09-20-2004, 01:06 PM
I've had multiple issues with my XLR purchased May 2004. The issue with the top and the help I got from GM (after 26 days in the shop) almost had me convinced that GM cares about the customer after the car leaves the lot. Unfortunately not true. My car has now been in the shop an additional 27 days waiting for a tech who knows the car to appear and start fixing it. This is what Lemon Laws are made for. Arbitration with the BBB and GM is upcoming, unfortunately as GM has made no effort to help the service department other than suggest I go from dealer to dealer to find a tech to fix the car. If you want to compete with the SL 500, you need to train enough techs to wotk on the car. Oh Well, another lesson learned about American sports cars.

Eyedoc
09-21-2004, 06:00 AM
mlbpbg - what city are you in?

mlbpbg
09-21-2004, 07:14 AM
I live in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida