Display of BCM Data? [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Display of BCM Data?

alk3997
07-11-2003, 10:44 AM
I figured I'd throw out one more technical question...On the XLR is it possible to display BCM/ECM/TCM data on the LCD?

The reason I ask this is I used to own one of the underpowered but rare Olds Trofeo's (1989). Using the Visual Information Center CRT, it was possible to display selected parameters on the Trofeo's Display Information Center on the main dash behind the steering wheel (the touchscreen CRT was located more towards where you see the LCDs now).

If would nice to have that capability again since it was possible to see how the car was performing without hooking up test equipment. Anyone know if Cadillac has put that kind of system in the XLR with the GM LAN?

:confused

alk3997
10-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Looks like the BCM data is displayed on the Driver Information Center (DIC) panel in the front of the dashboard. Attached is an image of the dashboard with the "accessory mode" showing in the information center.

Quixotic
10-22-2003, 06:54 PM
The kind of things you step through in the Information center are:
Tire pressure front L/R
Tire pressure rear L/R
Miles to empty
Current gas milage
trip meter a
trip meter b
... there's more but I can't think of more right now. Maybe I'll bring the book in tomorrow and add to this list.

The same display also shows door open, no fob, press brake and a few other messages to give you a clue when you need it.

alk3997
10-23-2003, 11:59 AM
...and "low fuel" - I saw that one.

Quixotic
11-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I got the low fuel one also... while the HUD said check gauges.