Setting GAP on cruise control [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Setting GAP on cruise control

IBMBROKER
03-23-2007, 03:04 PM
My 2006 XLR-V owners manual says to use the steering wheel control marked GAP to set the distance between cars while using the cruise control. My steering wheel doesn't have a button marked GAP. Did GM drop this function and not update the manual or the buyer?

jamsto
03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
The V model doesn't have the adaptive cruise control. Only the regular XLR has it.

XLRcited
03-24-2007, 11:45 AM
My 2006 XLR-V owners manual says to use the steering wheel control marked GAP to set the distance between cars while using the cruise control. My steering wheel doesn't have a button marked GAP. Did GM drop this function and not update the manual or the buyer?

It is surprising, though, that GM didn't catch this error in their manual. Oops.

standby
03-25-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm not the least bit surprised they missed it.It is surprising, though, that GM didn't catch this error in their manual. Oops.

standby
03-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Reason being, the metal grill would bounce the signal from the radar unit in the lower grill. It might work once in a while but they probably didn't want to take a chance that it would faulter.The V model doesn't have the adaptive cruise control. Only the regular XLR has it.

harrysxlr
03-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Reason being, the metal grill would bounce the signal from the radar unit in the lower grill. It might work once in a while but they probably didn't want to take a chance that it would faulter.
Bob, as you know I have ACC on my XLR and STS but I never use it.
These cars are made for DRIVING and not for cruising:glol

Did we ever use your V`s ACC on the way from LA to ABQ and back - nope, we don`t need it by doing 158:glol

Hans

standby
03-25-2007, 02:38 PM
No we didn't Hans, but as you are forgetting, the V has no ACC.Bob, as you know I have ACC on my XLR and STS but I never use it.
These cars are made for DRIVING and not for cruising:glol

Did we ever use your V`s ACC on the way from LA to ABQ and back - nope, we don`t need it by doing 158:glol

Hans

harrysxlr
03-26-2007, 01:55 AM
No we didn't Hans, but as you are forgetting, the V has no ACC.
I know this Bob but what I want to say - these are DRIVER-CARS:thumbs

Hans

standby
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Ok, I get it Hans. BTW, the response above 50 is very noticable with that shroud cut out and new Volant CAI. It's now acting like ram air because the air is going straight into the two air filters.
BobI know this Bob but what I want to say - these are DRIVER-CARS:thumbs

Hans