Does keyless access unlock both doors and the trunk? [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Does keyless access unlock both doors and the trunk?

Troy Roberts
02-12-2003, 10:23 AM
With a key fob you can usually choose to unlock just the driver's door or to unlock the passengers door and trunk. Anyone know how this works with the keyless access?

mikeg826
02-12-2003, 03:49 PM
:confused I'd imagine the same way? double click for both doors, and a seperate button for the trunk.

Troy Roberts
02-12-2003, 04:07 PM
I was referring to the feature where you don't even have to use the fob. It senses you are there.

Nomad
02-12-2003, 04:27 PM
You would have an option in your DIC setup (or the XLRís equivalent) to turn on/off the auto-unlock as well as options for what doors to unlock. Thatís the way it is in my other cars. I always disable them though; I donít like my car unlocking automatically when I walk in range.

DarkHalo
02-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Thats great...I can see it now as you walk up to your XLR the hood pops open, the trunk unlatches, all the doors unlock, the gas door pops open and the sunroof pops up and flips off into the bushes.....:glol

Noggles
02-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Must be some type of remote sensor. VERY cool!

Nomad
02-12-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by DarkHalo
Thats great...I can see it now as you walk up to your XLR the hood pops open, the trunk unlatches, all the doors unlock, the gas door pops open and the sunroof pops up and flips off into the bushes.....:glol

Memories of my Allante. :(

Nomad
02-12-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Noggles
Must be some type of remote sensor. VERY cool!

Ya, I have it on my C5 and my Trailblazer. I don't use the feature though.

logansowner
02-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by DarkHalo
Thats great...I can see it now as you walk up to your XLR the hood pops open, the trunk unlatches, all the doors unlock, the gas door pops open and the sunroof pops up and flips off into the bushes.....:glol :glol :glol :glol :glol :glol

Nomad
02-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by logansowner
:glol :glol :glol :glol :glol

It could happen. :yesnod

Scissors
02-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Supposedly, what will happen is when you are close, you just touch a pad or handle and the appropriate part unlocks. The ignition is also supposed to be keyless.

Nomad
02-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Scissors
Supposedly, what will happen is when you are close, you just touch a pad or handle and the appropriate part unlocks. The ignition is also supposed to be keyless.

Is that the way the XLR will be? With my C5 and Trailblazer it unlocks when the FOB gets in range. If you have that option active of course.

DF
02-13-2003, 05:45 PM
So, will you have more than one fob, so it knows which person is driving and will adjust the settings accordingly?

Nomad
02-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by DF
So, will you have more than one fob, so it knows which person is driving and will adjust the settings accordingly?

That would be cool.

logansowner
02-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by DF
That would be sweet, but I doubt it:(

devo
02-17-2003, 05:09 PM
i think its kind of annoying at times mine is in the off position.

Nomad
02-17-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by devo
i think its kind of annoying at times mine is in the off position.

Mine too.

Troy Roberts
02-27-2003, 02:32 PM
I'd like to give it a try. It might be annoying, but then again it might be nice when you have your hands full and don't have to dig out your keys.

Nomad
02-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Troy Roberts
I'd like to give it a try. It might be annoying, but then again it might be nice when you have your hands full and don't have to dig out your keys.

One reason I disarm mine is for safety, don't want the car unlocking when I get within 20 or so yards of the car. And I certainly don't want the passenger door unlocking too. My GF drives the cars sometimes and that isn't very safe. :nono

bsp_43143
07-16-2003, 07:08 PM
While the transmitters do have buttons on them, they are not at all necessary. There are no locks on the car except for the trunk lid and glove box. The doors do not have locks as the electro-mechanical latches are not allowed to actuate unless the tranmitter is within range. The trunk latch works similarly, but does have a backup tradition latch actuated with the key in the event that battery power is disturbed.

ajoxlr
07-18-2003, 09:14 AM
I had the opportunity to drive the xlr on the speedway and vegas and for 45 minutes in the neveda desert. The fob will unlock the drivers door within one meter. The passenger door will unlock the same way. to open the trunk there is a seperate button on the fob. It is a very cool feature to have but it can be disabled through the drivers informaiton center. I would be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability if you have them.:yesnod

Troy Roberts
08-18-2003, 09:30 AM
An inside source tells me that:

"The Keyless Access system indeed works for both the doors and decklid. Provided you have the fob (we do provide each car with 2 fobs) with you, you just put your hand in the pocket and give the touchpad a little squeeze. That both unlocks and opens the door. Same thing for decklid. . . . That touchpad is located exactly in the center of the rear fascia, just above the license plate and below the CHMSL and rear wreath & crest badge."

:cool