Performance tuning [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Performance tuning

upstate
03-18-2006, 05:43 PM
On my Ford I am able to plug in a reprogramer (tuner) to gain more performance at either 87, 89 or 91 Octain fuel. Changes shift points and various performance functions. Is there anything like this for the XLR?

mswaim
03-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Not yet as far as I know, however I have one for my C6 Vette and also used one for my 03 Cobra and both of my Lightnings.

upstate
03-18-2006, 06:28 PM
There is a company that offers an item that plugs in under the dash of a C6 vette. It allows additional remote features such as raising the windows, lowering them and cracking them for ventilation. I wonder if this item would work on the XLR?

1_XLR
03-20-2006, 10:44 AM
There is a company that offers an item that plugs in under the dash of a C6 vette. It allows additional remote features such as raising the windows, lowering them and cracking them for ventilation. I wonder if this item would work on the XLR?

there's a company that makes a remote system to raise and lower the TOP on the Lexus. They had my XLR for a week to do R&D, but were unsuccesful. Something to do with the car being constantly powered...and circuits being compleated by being grounded.