Speed Limit [Archive] - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

: Speed Limit

Darki
11-21-2005, 03:59 PM
My XLR is an export but it does not pass the speed limit which shouldn't exist in exports: 250 km/h... it sais on the screen Max speed 250 km/h. I have ordered the Corsa System wishing that I could change my acceleration but I have learned that Corsa has an effect only at top speed. That could still be enough for me but then I have learned again that limited engines can't pass the limit till the software changes... Know I really feel disapointed what do you think I should do? :(

1_XLR
11-21-2005, 04:44 PM
:eek Imagine my shock...... are exports are speed limited too :glol
...............birds of a feather

Your corsa should help the HP at low end as well, and it sounds great too!
Don't expect a software change anytime soon. If you really need to go faster than 250km/hr, you're driving the wrong car :nono

BUDSVET
11-21-2005, 06:21 PM
A note on your corsa, when you install it the instruction tell you to remove the swing arm. not necessary. just remove all the clamps also the four rubber clamps in the rear and all comes apart easy. don't tighten any bolts or clamps until all is installed. you will love the sound. this is my second XLR and I installed the same exhust system on both. :D :seeya

Darki
11-22-2005, 04:34 AM
in what will the gain in hp make difference while driving if the software doesnt let me use it... So the only thing that changes is sound...

Darki
11-22-2005, 04:51 AM
We dont have any official cadillac dealer in my country that's why maybe mine can not be an export... the warranty doent exist because there is no cadillac service either... As I read the threads I have found out that export XLRs softwars' are different than the others... So I will need the sofware storing part (wathever it is) for the exports... Do you have any idea where I can find that?

BUDSVET
11-22-2005, 08:40 AM
in what will the gain in hp make difference while driving if the software doesnt let me use it... So the only thing that changes is sound...

you got it. :D :seeya

harrysxlr
11-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi Darki, didn`t you read any of my posts?

1. I have an export model and there is no speed limiter at 155 mph or 150 kph.

2. My analog speedo goes to 260 kph ( 161 mph) but the HUD goes further.

3. Top speed before Corsa 278 kph ( 172 mph)
Top speed with Corsa 289 kph ( 179 mph)

question: do you have the kph analog speedo in yours or is it the 160 mph speedometer?
do you have the rear fog lights integrated in your back lights?

Hans

harrysxlr
11-22-2005, 10:55 AM
A note on your corsa, when you install it the instruction tell you to remove the swing arm. not necessary. just remove all the clamps also the four rubber clamps in the rear and all comes apart easy. don't tighten any bolts or clamps until all is installed. you will love the sound. this is my second XLR and I installed the same exhust system on both. :D :seeya
You are right Bud, the instalation on mine took about one hour and nothing beside the stock exhaust must be removed.
This sound was what I was missing on my XLR. It`s great :thumbs

Hans

Darki
11-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Mine's speedometer stops at 160 miles... Actually I am using km/h when I reach 250 in the hud it sais Max. Speed Reached: 250 kmph... is there anyway to make that unactivated or to change the whole car like an export? Sound is not enough for me...

Darki
11-22-2005, 11:52 AM
what are the fog lights that you are talking about Hans?

harrysxlr
11-22-2005, 12:06 PM
what are the fog lights that you are talking about Hans?
Darki, that`s the bright red fog lights which all cars in europe must have.

I think you got the US model!

Hans

1_XLR
11-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Mine's speedometer stops at 160 miles... Actually I am using km/h when I reach 250 in the hud it sais Max. Speed Reached: 250 kmph... is there anyway to make that unactivated or to change the whole car like an export? Sound is not enough for me...

If your analog speedo is in MPH and reads up to 160 MPH ....but actually STOPS at 155 MPH........... you must not have the export version.

The HUD has the option to read in mph or kmph.

It's the DIC that reads "Max. Speed Reached 250kmph"

The Corsa will improve your HP at low end speeds, but if there's a way to remove the top end limiter, I'd like to know about it too

harrysxlr
11-23-2005, 11:14 AM
If your analog speedo is in MPH and reads up to 160 MPH ....but actually STOPS at 155 MPH........... you must not have the export version.

The HUD has the option to read in mph or kmph.

It's the DIC that reads "Max. Speed Reached 250kmph"

The Corsa will improve your HP at low end speeds, but if there's a way to remove the top end limiter, I'd like to know about it too
Hi 1_XLR,
Im sure it`s not the export model he drives, if it would be, he would have the 260 km speedometer in it.

I guess you guys who want to go faster than 250 kph or 155 mph have to buy your cars here in Germany.

One bad thing about mine is, the speedo should go up to 300 kph ( had it by HUD up to 289 kph) now if somebody sit on the passenger seat and he see`s the analog stops at 260 Im only able to tell him how much my HUD shows (only me)
because they can`t see it.

Hans

upstate
11-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Hans what is the need for the passenger to read the speedo?

harrysxlr
11-24-2005, 04:31 AM
Hans what is the need for the passenger to read the speedo?
Simple thing Upstate, when you just do 140 or 160 or 180 kph on the Autobahn, nobody of your passengers are interested but when you go fast, they will always look with one eye to the speedo and the one they`ll see stops at 260 kph so I have to tell them how fast we are actually.
Im sure the export V will do over 300 kph (186 mph) and it comes with the same 260 kph speedo as mine got. Terrible thing!!!!!

Ain`t I`m right???

Hans