Cadillac XLR Forum banner

miles on your car

8K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Punisher 
#1 ·
I am hoping to find out what is the lowest amount of miles on a an XLR or XLR-V in this forum. I have an 2007 XLR-V with 2200 kilometers on it which works out to be 1366 miles. I bought it new and only drive it good weather. Being that I live in Canada we have a shorter driving season.

#2 ·
I would guess you will win the low mileage prize! Especially on an '07. I know the weather in Canada doesn't allow nearly as many sunny & warm days as I'm lucky to have here in Florida, but still. . .how are you able to have such a car and rarely drive her?

Floyd

#3 ·
I love the car but promised myself I would only drive it when I could have the top down. Also I will never drive it somewhere where I have to park it unattended. Also I have a Mercedes C63 and a Lexus to drive as well as some old muscle cars so in our short good weather driving season there is not enough time. Oh well I guess my 7 yr old grandson will be getting a pretty cool ride when hw turns 21.

#4 ·
canuchxlr-v
I have a 2006 V it has about 25 grand on it. I am the second owner and bought it with 14 grand. My V probabley will never make the low miles record. I enjoy this car and use any excuse to put the top down and enjoy our Ohio weather. I do not think I could buy anything I would enjoy better. I spend the winters in Fla. but it is put to hibernation during those months. I only enjoy the car with the top down. When I first laid eyes on a XLR I had a passion to own one. Then I seen a V car and knew I had to have one. Bought this 06 v and have never been sorry. They are made to enjoy!!!!!!
V Happy:seeya

#6 ·
61,000. I'm putting about 10K a year on - she's a daily driver except in heavy rain - then the 3K per year Denali provides the ride.

I'm averaging about 25 - 26 MPG, so I consider her my "Obama Economy Car" (he wants us all to drive clown cars, IMHO).

When I sold my Allante after 19 years, I had so few miles on her that I realized I didn't really enjoy her as much as I should have, so I've vowed to change that with the "X Car"...

#7 ·
I have 63000 kms on my 06 and purchased it with 2000kms in 07. I drive it 8 to 9 months a year here in Ontario. I drive it like it should and have taken it to the track a few times. I am looking for a 2008 v in Infrared with black interior wiith low miles to keep for along time so that will be a low km car if I can find one for a nice price. These are dropping in value still and that may change in years to come!

#11 ·
Just turned over 57,000+ returning from my 6,000 mile road trip in Nov. 2012.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.