Setting GAP on cruise control - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
XLR Pit Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 49
Setting GAP on cruise control

My 2006 XLR-V owners manual says to use the steering wheel control marked GAP to set the distance between cars while using the cruise control. My steering wheel doesn't have a button marked GAP. Did GM drop this function and not update the manual or the buyer?
IBMBROKER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 03:25 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 229
The V model doesn't have the adaptive cruise control. Only the regular XLR has it.
jamsto is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 11:45 AM
XLR Pit Crew
 
XLRcited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kennett Square PA
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMBROKER View Post
My 2006 XLR-V owners manual says to use the steering wheel control marked GAP to set the distance between cars while using the cruise control. My steering wheel doesn't have a button marked GAP. Did GM drop this function and not update the manual or the buyer?
It is surprising, though, that GM didn't catch this error in their manual. Oops.
XLRcited is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 12:04 PM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I'm not the least bit surprised they missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLRcited View Post
It is surprising, though, that GM didn't catch this error in their manual. Oops.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 12:06 PM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Reason being, the metal grill would bounce the signal from the radar unit in the lower grill. It might work once in a while but they probably didn't want to take a chance that it would faulter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsto View Post
The V model doesn't have the adaptive cruise control. Only the regular XLR has it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 12:27 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
harrysxlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kitzingen/Germany and Cape Coral/fl
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by standby View Post
Reason being, the metal grill would bounce the signal from the radar unit in the lower grill. It might work once in a while but they probably didn't want to take a chance that it would faulter.
Bob, as you know I have ACC on my XLR and STS but I never use it.
These cars are made for DRIVING and not for cruising

Did we ever use your V`s ACC on the way from LA to ABQ and back - nope, we don`t need it by doing 158

Hans
harrysxlr is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 02:38 PM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
No we didn't Hans, but as you are forgetting, the V has no ACC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysxlr View Post
Bob, as you know I have ACC on my XLR and STS but I never use it.
These cars are made for DRIVING and not for cruising

Did we ever use your V`s ACC on the way from LA to ABQ and back - nope, we don`t need it by doing 158

Hans
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 01:55 AM
XLR Pit Crew
 
harrysxlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kitzingen/Germany and Cape Coral/fl
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by standby View Post
No we didn't Hans, but as you are forgetting, the V has no ACC.
I know this Bob but what I want to say - these are DRIVER-CARS

Hans
harrysxlr is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ok, I get it Hans. BTW, the response above 50 is very noticable with that shroud cut out and new Volant CAI. It's now acting like ram air because the air is going straight into the two air filters.
Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysxlr View Post
I know this Bob but what I want to say - these are DRIVER-CARS

Hans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome